Badminton’s global digital ecosystem.
The Badminton World Federation (BWF) is the world governing body for badminton. Its vision is to make badminton a leading global sport accessible to all and giving every child a chance to play for life.
Badminton World Federation (Digital Ecosystem)
BWF wanted to develop an interconnected ecosystem; including customer-centric fan sites, a corporate website, and educational channels and programmes. This required large enterprise service design and architecture development.
Aside this, they wanted to develop segmented areas to allow deeper access to corporate and administrative data via a unique, dedicated Extranet CRM facility for BWF staff, suppliers, Members and Confederations. To create a more streamlined and automated BWF for a multitude of global administrators.
BWF is a huge global organisation; consisting of 180 Member Associations; operating within 5 Continental Confederations; in charge of 1000’s of players, officials, educators and 100's of tournaments annually.
We carried out in-depth analysis and several activities, including:
- Developing 40+ personas; browsers, administrators, officials, media, sponsors and loyal fans
- Evaluating operational overheads and personnel management/business strategies
- Managing Web Administration and Extranet workflows and security
- Monitoring performance; current user research, content segmentation and delivery architecture
- Creating development and service strategies, workflows and frameworks
- Recommending Growth strategies for performance and infrastructure advancements
We delivered and continue to support a robust and interconnected ecosystem for BWF: This provides the connectivity and commercialisation opportunities that enable BWF to go above and beyond their initial goals and ultimately support and extend badminton’s global reach encompassing:
- Centralised and connected website architecture system to enable content publishing in real-time; live fan and media data tools and results; corporate and stakeholder information
- Tournament microsites to engage specific BWF major events throughout the year, including the first live scores broadcast for the Rio Olympics
- Dedicated educational channels to support BWF’s engagement strategies and programs for increased global participation from Teachers, Schools, Coaches and Technical Officials
- Extranet CRM application to manage all operational data; staff, suppliers, media, commercials, tournaments, training, officials and organisations
- High efficiency cloud architecture to deliver greater traffic flows, peak event scaling, and millions of page views per day.
We have been able to double traffic year-on-year through our proven and demonstrable business and service design services. BWF recently secured the most lucrative sponsorship deal in their history for the HSBC BWF World Tour.
96 Digital brought a unique combination of creativity, design, as well as technical and project management skills to deliver a suite of integrated, data driven web solutions for BWF. An impressive traffic growth in the last 24 months is ample proof that the solutions and content provide meaningful user journeys which help us deliver and maintain the quality expectations of our internal stakeholders and fans.”
Thomas Lund - Secretary General, Badminton World Federation